We are a newly opened bar/eatery in Ascot Vale (Melbourne’s West) that specialises in good wines, spirits, cocktails and beer. Our goal is to create a city quality venue with a suburban ‘locals’ feel that is unique to the area.
A bit about us:
- We have over 150 wines by the bottle, 60 packaged beers and a regular rotation of local and imported tap beer as well as a decent spirit/cocktail selection.
- Our house cocktail program champions the versatility of grape-based spirits, whilst our ‘classics’ program looks at interesting cocktails from pre-1900s and prohibition eras.
- We have a large selection of spirits that focuses on local and interesting brands/varieties.
- We offer over 20 Japanese whiskies.
- We have a succinct one-page food menu that includes grazing items, charcuterie and pizza, which encourages sharing, and can either accompany drinks or be a stand-alone meal.
- Our staff includes a range of well-known Melbourne hospitality staff that have a wealth of experience working across some of Australia’s top bars.
- In collaboration with local business, Trav’s Treats, and the lost Dog’s Home we have a ‘Dog Menu’, with all profits going to the Lost Dogs Home.
- We run a range of events/nights, including whisky classes, local’s nights, Sunday Spritz’s etc.
- We have a range of events coming up over the coming months.
We welcome you to look at our Google Reviews and Social Media (@thevalebarandeatery) to get a better idea of our venue.