Wingate Avenue Community Centre is a not-for-profit, PBI organisation located on the public housing estate in Ascot Vale. The centre also manages ‘The Wingate Hub’ located at 125 Union Road, Ascot Vale.
The community centre plays a vital role in providing education, community services and much needed social and recreational programs for people living in the local area. The Wingate Hub delivers a range of programs that have been developed in response to the needs of the community. Some exciting new programs at ‘The Hub’ include short floristry, photography and MYOB courses.
Wingate’s mission is to focus on social justice, advocacy and act on behalf of local, disadvantaged people. We believe such a commitment will lead to improvement in quality of life and empowerment for the local community.
Wingate Avenue Community Centre provides an extensive range of community services including:
- Low cost social and recreational programs
- A range of short courses including computers, ipads, cooking, yoga and floristry
- Accredited hospitality training including the Certificate II Kitchen Operations and Barista and Food Handling
- English Language Programs
- Low cost occasional childcare services
- The Wingate Men’s Shed and Men’s outreach program.
- Food security – distribution of food via Foodbank and SecondBite services
- Moonee Valley Legal Service and Re-Gen drug and alcohol counselling
- Social work and settlement services for newly arrived migrants
- Maternal Child Health Services
- Access to community garden plots
- Hall and room hire available
To enrol in any of our programs please call centre reception on 9376 5244 or visit us at 13a Wingate Avenue Ascot Vale. Like our Facebook page and stay up-to-date with all of our course information, events and highlights.